Maumee Bay 2012

Maumee Bay 2012
Nearing the finish of 2012 Maumee Bay Sprint Triathlon

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Knocked this train right off the tracks

Hello everyone long time no see. Well my first week of training kicked off pretty well, until bam Bronchitis. On Jan 16th I woke up unable to talk and was in basically a pitiful state. The week had started well my workouts went pretty good and I was adjusting to the volume, but getting sick pretty much ruined my perfectly laid plans. Here's the thing, I don't get sick! I hadn't been, go to the doctor, sleep all day, over all pathetic sick in over 8 years! I'm convinced actually the only reason I got sick is from pushing to hard with work, my workouts and starting school. So bronchitis pretty much ran this train of the tracks. It forced me to take the entire next week off and I returned to my workouts on Jan 27th.

This has been pretty great. I'm easing back into it and its perfect because this week was a recovery volume week in my schedule. So far I've run twice and swam once with a bike ride coming up for Friday night so I can catch up on the TV I've been missing. I cut out 2 of the 6 planned workouts this week, a swim and bike ride so I'm not over doing it again and so far the only complaint I have is that the pool is way over chlorinated. I'm lucky enough to have access to an indoor track so it limits my runs on the dread mill. Thank God.

I am looking forward to next weeks schedule though. Barring weather related closures of school and the gym it should be my first full 6 workout week. It'll be busy as I've got two tests at school next week but its just school right?

What other life responsibilities are you juggling besides training?

No comments:

Post a Comment