Maumee Bay 2012

Maumee Bay 2012
Nearing the finish of 2012 Maumee Bay Sprint Triathlon

Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 Race Schedule

With as busy as life for me will be this coming year all of my races will tend to be very local with no more then a 25 minute drive. I am lucky enough that in the Toledo area we have a great race production company eliteendeavors.com who produce amazing races in the local area. This year I will be racing two of their events, but I will be starting my season with a race I am familiar with and is the source of my main page photo graph.

15 June 2014 Maumee Bay Sprint Triathlon
If I raced as fast as I transitioned I would be in the Olympics!

I raced this course for the first time in 2012 and I am excited to return. With a calm open water swim and a flat bike and run course, I am hoping to put up a better time than 2 years ago. This will also be the first test of my swim skills as it boasts a 750m swim which is half the distance I will need for my end of season "A" race. This will also be the first race that my daughter is old enough to actually cheer for me as the last time I raced here she was only about 1 month old. She'll be over 2 by the time I suit up for this event.


25 June 2014 Elite Endeavors Quarry Ridge Sprint Triathlon

This is this first time I will race this event so it is brand new to me, mostly because it is the inaugural running of this race. It is also my 5th wedding anniversary! I'm am super excited that my loving wife has allowed me to race this day, but not as excited as I am to have been married to her for 5 years. She is my absolute love and I cant wait for every year after this. Plus I'm taking her on vacation the next week and letting it roll into a long 4th of July weekend, but it doesn't change that she is the best.
They really are the best cheering section!

This race will be a little different than most races as it falls on a Wednesday, instead of the usual Sat or Sun. I am a little excited for this because most of my training will come in the evening and it starts at a time by body will be used to being revved up for.

July 2014

July is still up in the air for me. There is normally another local event in he area during this month but depending on how late in the month it is I will be skipping it to ensure I am ready for my August race. Racing short distance allows for a much busier race schedule but I dont want to risk any kind of burn out for August.

10 Aug 2014 Sylvania Triathlon

This race is one that I am very familiar with. I have raced the sprint distance twice in the past and the bike course is a normal riding course of me during training. It is the first time I will be racing the Olympic Distance of 1.5k swim 40k bike and 10k run. This was the first Triathlon I ever did and the course that made me fall in love with the sport.
I finished strong and passed him in my first race ever.

I'm excited for this race to be so close to home. It is a great local event that draws very good competition from the region and I am excited to see how my jump to Olympic distance stands up against some of the best. My expectations are in no way to podium but i plant to race well. It never hurts to see how you stack up am I right?

Sept 2014

September will be an interesting month. depending on how the weather in the area holds up I may try and squeeze an early Sept race in to close out the year. If I'm not able to I will be okay with the 3/4 races I've done but it doesn't hurt to check out a race that is taking place at the BEST amusement park in the country. Rev3 is stopping by Cedar Point again this year and they added a sprint race, so we shall see.

Either way I am excited to train and race this year!




No comments:

Post a Comment