Maumee Bay 2012

Maumee Bay 2012
Nearing the finish of 2012 Maumee Bay Sprint Triathlon

Monday, January 13, 2014

And so it begins...

Today marks my return to school. Blah, is about how I feel about that. It does however mark my return to the gym to prepare for the upcoming triathlon season, and with it bumps in the road already. I have had to adjust my training plan on day 1 which is not something I am really happy about. I had planned to have 3 rest days during the week to help accommodate school and my family but it looks like that's not going to be the case. The gym is far to crowded during the time frame I have available to get my workouts in. So I will lose rest day to accommodate my long swim day.

So...here is how it will hopefully look

Sunday: Long Bike- day focusing on endurance longest workout of the week to kick it off. (Road this on my indoor trainer on the 12th, it was painfully boring but free HBO weekend meant a movie to watch while I rode.)

Monday: Longer Run day- adjust my body to running off the bike this will eventually turn into a brick drill further into the season. (a brick dill is a back to back workout drill to train the body to adjust between sports, primarily from bike to run. Where your legs actually feel like bricks, hence the name.)

Tuesday: Rest day - legs will need it following bike and run days

Wednesday: Short Swim- Short Run Day

Thursday: Long Swim Day

Friday: Short Bike Day- Primarily to work on speed but to also adjust my body to riding my Cannondale Slice Triathlon bike.

Saturday: Rest Day

Monday through Thursday also mark school days, 2 of which are late nights. I've never been a fan of school so balancing late nights of school with my training is going to be a challenge.

Is anyone else out there training for something later on this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment