Maumee Bay 2012

Maumee Bay 2012
Nearing the finish of 2012 Maumee Bay Sprint Triathlon

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Training week of February 9-15th

Its been awhile since I posted on here mostly because during the week I don't have time and during the weekend I just don't want to.

Last weeks training was the first time I felt very consistent.

Monday- Long swim day consisting on drill and solid 250 yd efforts. I felt good in the water and logged my full 1950 yds.

Tuesday - this was long run day, with the cold weather and still letting my lungs not get over worked from having bronchitis I took it a little easy. Consisted of 2.1 miles on the treadmill 1 mile indoor track and another mile on the dreadmill.

Wed - About a week ago I purchased some new training films for my indoor training rides and took an interval set for a go. The company who makes the films is called Sufferfest, and they don't disappoint. I was only able to get thru half of the workout before I was destroyed.

Thursday- This was the first time I've felt like everything clicked in the pool. I felt smooth and quick for the entire 1000 yd main effort and had plenty left in the tank afterward. That led into my run for the day which left much to be desired, I felt slow and heavy on the treadmill it was very unpleasant and kinda disappointing after such a great swim.

The rest of the week and weekend was spent relaxing and spending time with my family because I don't see them enough right now with work, training and school. I also needed the break as this was the first week I've gotten most of my workouts in, 5/6 isn't too bad and once its warmed my bike rides will definitely not be getting skipped like they are now.

I'm currently in a recovery week but more of that to follow later.

No comments:

Post a Comment